|New York Central (O&NY) Pana Station Burned 6 December 1986
It had been used as a house after closure of the line in 1957.
OUT OF THE ASHES, A DISCOVERY: Another trace of the former New York Central branch which once linked Ottawa with the U.S. border at Cornwall, Ontario, across the river from Massena, New York, vanished in the flames of a recent house fire on December 6, 1986.
Under renovations at the time, the house was originally built as the Pana station, a stop on the NYC, about a dozen miles from Ottawa. The NYC ceased operations in the Ottawa area in 1957.