|Hull Electric Power House (Unused for Four Years) Destroyed by Fire 25 May 1932
Fire damages old H.E. Power House
Hull firemen headed by Deputy Chief Emile Bond and residents of Deschenes village fought for more than four hours last evening a fire which occurred in the old power house owned by the Hull Electric Company. The building was situated on the shore of Deschenes Lake and only last Sunday part of the dam was destroyed by fire. Fireman Ovila Raymond received a bad cut on the right hand. Damage will amount to about $3,000.
The power house had not been in operation for the past four years. It was formerly used to supply power for the Hull Electric street railway system and the old nickel plant at Deschenes, and other plants in the district. The Hull firemen journeyed to the scene of the fire last evening at the request of Mayor Israel Gravelle. A fire pump, under the charge of Deputy Chief Bond, and four firemen were sent. Hull firemen returned at ten o'clock. The cause of the fire is unknown.
Updated 5 October 2021