Orders of the Board of Railway Commissioners
No. 24804 of 16 March 1916 file No. 23947.1
CPR authorized to construct, within 6 months, a siding for the Rigaud Granite Co.
No. 36600 of 14 July 1925 file No. 23947.3
CPR authorized to construct, within 6 months, a siding to serve Rigaud Granite Quarries at grade across John Street. Approves less than standard clearances from the gauge side to the narrow gauge trestle.
By the 1930s, Rigaud Granite had built an elevated railway near the Champs des Guérets so that cars like this one could carry stones to the crusher. From that crusher, a conveyor transported the crushed stone from near the Sanctuaire Notre-Dame-de-Lourdes to the northwest edge of the village of Bingham. The remnants of the pillars of that stone crusher can still be seen nearby. The history of the site and of the rail car is described in greater detail on the information board on site, in the French language.