The Railways of Ottawa
Findings of the Circle - Part 6

Area Stations

CPR Walthan Line

Parker (November 2003)





First Campbell's Bay

Original Campbell's Bay station, moved into the town.  Picture taken in 1956.
Canada Science and Technology Museum photo - Matt-2701.

Second Campbell's Bay station.

Second Campbell's Bay station in 1956.  
Canada Science and Technology Museum Matt-2699

Fort Coulonge

Ste, Justine on the former Canada Atlantic Railway 20 September 1969
Opened 5 May 1888

This is identical to the standard pattern "Barrington" station, and appears to be in much better shape than Barrington was when it was moved to Delson.
The Gothic end window, the brackets under the eaves, the siding, doors, and operator bay are all original pattern, as is the freight shed at the far end.  Only the cross-bracing and finial at the ends of the Italianate roof are gone.

Golden Lake on the Ottawa, Arnprior and Parry Sound Railway Labor Day 1962 photo by Bill Linley.

Golden Lake looking west showing the OA&PS line to the left and the former Pembroke Southern track to the right.  Photo by Bill Linley.

Updated 27 September 2004

Findings    Circle